“Pro-tips actually works well when incorporated as it is, after verifying the facts once,” says Thomas J Salzano, a professional skier and a sports blogger. As an aspiring skier, it is common to look for some suggestions and tips from experts in person or from what you find over the internet. But do you verify these suggestions? If not, you must as not everything is applicable for each one of us.
Among the queries asked by the aspiring skier, one of the common queries is “How to Wax the skis and snowboards?” Considering this an important query, today in this post Thomas J Salzano has shared some important points that will answer this question.
Let’s go through the points shared:
- Always consider temperature specific wax. For minimal hassle, you can choose Universal was, whereas if you can not get the wax on your skis iron then choose a rub-on wax. Another option available is fluorocarbons.
- Before you apply the wax make sure the board is clean. For best results you can use a clean rag, with a little alcohol, to wipe off the dust.
- Read the guidelines on the wax box carefully to set the temperature to melt and apply the wax. Apply the wax in a ventilated area.
- After applying the wax let the board dry completely. Keep it aside for at least an hour.
- The next step is scraping and brushing
- Always apply the wax from tip to tail. The same goes for scraping and brushing.
These are some important points to be considered while using wax on your skis or snowboards. In case you are not sure that you can do it on your own as you need to deal with the hot wax take assistance from someone especially for skies as they are a bit tricky to be waxed is what Thomas J Salzano suggests.