“Warmup body exercises are important for skiers and others planning a ski trip,” says Thomas J Salzano, a skier by profession and a sports blogger. Not everyone is aware of the fact that there is a well-planned workout for a skier to prepare their body for the skier in an extremely cold atmosphere.
In this article, Thomas J Salzano has shared some tips on what exercise should one do to prepare their body for a ski trip :
1) Exercises to build your strength
- Squats and lunges for Quadriceps
- Deadlifts, one-legged deadlifts, step-ups, hamstring rolls and pull-throughs for Hamstrings and Glutes
- Inner-thigh leg lifts, side-step squats, leg lifts inner-thigh squeezes for Inner and Outer Thighs
- Standing calf raises/ machine calf raises for Calves
- Cycling, wood chops, black extensions, and dumbbell rows for Abs and back
- Biceps and triceps for arms
2) Suggested workout plan
- Day one: Elliptical Interval Workout
- Day two: Total Body Ski Workout
- Day Three: Sprint Interval Workout
- Day Four: Yoga
- Day Five: Total Body Ski Workout
- Day Six: Cardio-Medley Workout
- Day Seven: Endurance Workout
3) Other Important points related to workout
- Always take assistance from professional trainers for workout
- If you are doing skiing activity for the first time, you might not need a planned workout, only warm-up exercises will do
- If you are stretching your body after a long time, you will get cramps and body ache, still, continue with the exercises or try yoga for some time.
- Do not take any painkillers, or heave dose medicine before exercise or before skiing
- If you feel ill, or lazy due to any health issue, avoid workout
These are some important tips for exercise by Thomas J Salzano for those planning a skiing trip. Your body should be well prepared for the cold mountains and exercise will definitely help you achieve this goal.